The Gay Callers' Association (GCA) was founded to promote the development of gay callers. It was created at a time when most straight callers would not consider calling for a gay event. Today, many straight callers have joined the GCA and actively call for LGBT dances.
Each year, the GCA, in conjunction with the All Join Hands Foundation, sponsors a caller school immediately prior to the IAGSDC convention.
Come to Belles Run early and learn to be a square dance caller at the 2019 GCA Caller School.
June 30 - July 2, 2019
Immediately preceding the IAGSDC Convention in Philidelphia, PA.
Spend three days with Caller Coach Barry Clasper and Teaching Assistant Harlan Kerr in a concentrated effort to expand your knowledge of square dance calling. Vocal coach Lisa Lincoln will join the staff on Monday, and, if the registration response is large enough, Betsy Gotta will join as a second Caller Coach. Beginning callers will benefit from this intensive exposure to some of the best callers in the business today.
- How to move dancers
- Working with music
- Creating and delivering choreography
- Sight calling basics
- Work through your material at the mic or in one-on-one sessions
- More advanced instruction in all aspects of the art of calling
Something For Everyone
- Sight calling techniques
- Reading and writing choreography
- Equipment usage
- Microphone technique
- Vocal instruction
- Creating choreography
- Programming dances
- Caller culture and etiquette
- Callers associations
- Responsibilities to the dancers
- Plenty of microphone time for all students
Your Tuition Fee Includes
- 3 days of instruction by our excellent coaches
- Personal attention from our superb teaching assistants
- CALLERLAB New Caller Kit (beginners)
- Choreographic checkers (beginners)